Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 Was A Very Good Quilt Year

After deliberating for several years, I finally decided to start my blog after hearing on a podcast that a blog was a great way to keep track of your quilting activities and with encouragement from Susan Snooks, PatchworknPlay, who told me it would be pretty easy to build one.  And, surprisingly, it was although I did ask Susan a lot of questions.  Since we are in the final week of 2016 and am pretty sure there will be no more completed projects, I thought it would be a good time to do a Year in Review post.

First, the 2016 stats:
  • 13 Quilts Completed (Tops sewn and quilted in 2016)
  • 9 Quilts Tops (will be official UFOs in 2017)
  • 2 UFOs finally completed
  • 5 Tops made in 2015 and quilted in 2016
  • 4 Baby Quilts made for family and friends
  • 12 Baby Quilts made for my Church Blanket Ministry
  • 5 Wall Quilts (Two completed and three to be quilted and bound)
  • 35/40 Women of the Bible blocks sewn
  • Rug Weaving (Three rugs, one table runner and numerous rug mugs completed
I still feel that I don't spend enough time in my studio but housework, working out, dog walking, volunteering and computer time for Pinterest, Facebook and reading and writing blogs always come first; I am so thankful that my husband does all of the cooking.

And now some photos:

UFOs:

My big accomplishment, besides starting the blog, was finally finishing the Lori Smith wool appliqué which had been waiting for the borders to be added for over five years and the Kaffe Champaign Orange Yo-Yo quilt which was a WIP that lasted almost four years.



Completed Quilts:

Jelly Roll Charm Chase 
Low Volume Wild 8 Coverlet
Judy B Grandmother Log Cabin
Blue Lives Matter (Stacked Squares pattern)
Bits of Sunshine  (FQS Jolly Bar pattern)
Ernie (inspired by Mary Etherington)
Ernie II  
Wild Ernie
Easy Addition Plus 
Unruly (My Quilt Infatuation pattern)
Amy Butler Coverlet 
Story Coverlet
Pinterest Club Gray and Yellow
Out of the thirteen quilts completed during 2016, two of them were quilted by my LAQ, Jan and the rest were quilted by me which was a pretty good accomplishment since I was experiencing problems with doing straight line quilting on my Juki 2010Q.  Thankfully this was finally resolved this past October and am now looking forward to machine quilting the tops I made this year and previous years which may total more than two dozen.

The five UFO quilts from 2015, two quilted by my LAQ and three by me:

Lefty C+S
Righty C+S
Holly Jolly Bar
Gypsy Wife Sampler
Asian Blossom Happy Lappy
Baby Quilts for Friends and Family (all quilted by me)



Two Completed Wallhangings:



I'm happy to say that I won't be photographing any more quilts with the white plastic hangers since I found the perfect quilt hangers for photographing, Boot Hangers with Swivel Hooks.  And I do have to acknowledge that I put my three die-cutters to good use during the course of the year and I received a fourth die-cutter, Sizzix Big Shot Plus, for Christmas.

2016 was a very good year for piecing, quilting, buying lots of fabric, thank-you Dee and Carol, connecting with quilting friends, here, there and down under, blogging, learning new things, Hell-o Pic-Monkey and finding out what I don't want to do.  I have a big challenge for 2017 which I will post the next time along with my future activities.  Hopefully, my creative energies will continue next year.   Yes, a blog does keep you on track.  Thanks again, Susan!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments but due to traveling and my ineptitude with typing on either my iPhone or iPad, my response may be somewhat delayed. Thank You for your understanding.