Thursday, August 17, 2017

Scrap Happy Rails Top

This is the second top I've made from Crazy Mom's "No Scrap Left Behind"book (I previously posted about it here)  and the fifth modern quilt I made with scraps this year.  With the exception of the June quilt which was made with feedsack scraps, the scraps for this quilt were from all of the Cotton + Steel quilts I ever made since the fabric line came out as well as the other modern fabrics which I don't use or have as much.  This is a happy quilt because my modern scrap stash is pretty low now which means I need to make quilts with new modern fabrics so I can replenish my stash.  As much as I like the "cleansing" feel when making a quilt with scraps, I need to re-stimulate myself with the new fabrics which have been sitting too long on my shelf.  Tula Pink, here I come, oh wait, there's new Cotton + Steel fabrics.  I'm hoping to start quilting the Scrap Happy Rails top today since the backing has been sewn.  Maybe I should dangle a fresh fat quarter of new fabric in front of me to really help me press the metal to the pedal?

Quilt Size:  60" X 84"
Block Size:  12" Finished, thirty-five blocks total
Block Construction:  Three rectangles, 4.5" x 12-1/2" Cut, middle rail plain (Cotton + Steel Macrame) with two scrappy rails on the outside 

Previous YTD Total:   -49.75 yards
Current YTD Total:    -62.25 yards
Linking up with:
My Quilt Infatuation: Needle and Thread Thursday
Confessions of a Fabric Addict:  Can I Get A Whoop Whoop?
Busy Hands Quilts:  Finish Or Not Friday
Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework: Oh Scrap

14 comments :

  1. I really like this quilt, Rose! This is a great stash buster. I like the way you're tallying the fabric you've used. It must be very satisfying. Often it's hard to tell visually if ANY fabric has gone from my stash *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous, scraptastic beauty of a quilt you have here. I have just one complaint - wish there were more pictures. Hope you will share close-ups of the finish. I love this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another pretty quilt, Rose! You are just buzzing along. Can't wait to see what you'll cook up for that Tula Pink . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt! It's so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply adore Crazy Mom Quilts - I want to make everything that she does! I pine after Tula Pink - I've just never bought that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell this was a very satisfying finish for you Rose! Just think of all that new C &S fabric that is waiting for you...😜 Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great scrappy quilt! Some stash enhancement sounds like a plan, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific quilt! I've been working with 3.5" rectangle scraps, and they do NOT seem to help diminish the scraps piles upon piles. This might help with that problem. I love yours and yay for making room for new fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been contemplating this quilt design, and your take on it is wonderful! Such a happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great scrap quilt. I love how bright it is. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great scarp quilt. The strings really look good with the background fabric. It takes a lot of sewing to use up so many scraps that you need to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!! It is so beautiful in all its scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so colorful and fun! I am almost done with a string quilt and my bin is already stating to grow again; maybe this will be my next string pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but due to traveling and my ineptitude with typing on either my iPhone or iPad, my response may be somewhat delayed. Thank You for your understanding.