Friday, December 1, 2017

Moda Bake Shop: Countdown to Christmas



Today is the first day of The Countdown To Christmas hosted by Moda Bake Shop.   Everyday in December, Moda Bake Shop Chefs and I will be sharing a new block until Christmas.  These blocks will all measure 6" finished and are all holiday inspired.  According to Oda May, "you can make a few for a table runner or make them all for a quilt!  You can use your favorite 6" block quilt layout to put them all together or stick with us through the month to see some layouts we have designed for all of the blocks. Each block is made with a mix of Red, Green and White fabrics.  This is a great opportunity to use your stash or pick up your favorite Christmas fat quarter bundle."

My block will be featured next week on Friday, December 8th.  This week I've been busy working on the posts and projects so I don't have anything I can share with you. I can say that, if you know me, my block will be simple and quick and you may want to make more than one because it can easily be made in under 30 minutes.  Meanwhile, my sewing studio has never looked so messy.  

Be sure to visit Moda Bake Shop everyday in December (here's the link) to see all of the wonderful Countdown to Christmas blocks.  Kristina Brinkerhoff of Center Street Quilts has kicked off the Countdown with the most adorably sweet Peppermint Twist Block.

Today I plan on bringing out the Christmas and Holiday decorations and quilts.  I just can't do it during the month of November.  The only Christmas shopping I've done so far is purchase my presents, thanks to Black Friday sales,  my hubby will be giving me, ho, ho, ho.  I better get busy because in the midst of the holidays, there are quilts I still want to finish by the end of the year. 

Wishing everyone a great and happy week during the most wonderful time of the year!

12 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great hop and a six inch block is certainly doable. I'll look forward to seeing your block Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! There are already so many cute blocks featured I'm afraid mine pales in comparison, but at least it's fast and fun for the holidays.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing your block too! I don't have my decorations out yet, maybe I should get working on that. I do have the winter quilts on the couch, so that counts right? Have a great and productive week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. I had a productive week with the decorating despite having a cold. I'm looking forward to some quilting now.

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun Rose, looking forward to seeing your block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! Hope you're feeling better and feeling like doing some Countdown blocks.

      Delete
  4. I look forward to seeing your block too! If your sewing room is as messy as mine, you have my sympathies, but hey -- a creative mess is a good mess, right?! Can't wait to see those quilts you'll be finishing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I saw your post and you and I can be Mess Sisters too now. I'm done decorating now and getting some quilting ready so I can make another mess.

      Delete
  5. I'll watch for your block, Rose! I'm putting our holiday decorations out today, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise! I'm done decorating and would love to see your boat decorate. It must be pretty.

      Delete
  6. Fun, fun, fun!!! Looking forward to your block, Rose!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments but due to traveling and my ineptitude with typing on either my iPhone or iPad, my response may be somewhat delayed. Thank You for your understanding.